Tuesday, July 24, 2012

LaLaport

Last week I went through training for American Language School in Funabashi.  Funabashi is only a short train ride from Tokyo and has many shops, restaurants and things to do. One of Funabashi's main attractions is LaLaport. LaLaport is essentially a mall, but reminds me more of a maze of shops. There are two buildings, each 3 floors high with a variety of shops, restaurants and a movie theater inside. LaLaport is Chiba Prefecture's biggest shopping mall. How big is it? Its SO big it even has TWO Starbucks :)

One day after training, I spent about 2 hours walking around LaLaport. The Japanese are serious about their shopping and it showed by the sheer numbers at LaLaport and the huge summer sales. I got lost several times (I think that's the point) and didn't really buy much because I couldn't decide what to buy. It was information overload!

You can find just about anything you want at LaLaport: food, clothing, soaps, cosmetics, shoes, electronics, outdoor gear, books, pets and the list goes on. They even have a cute little doggie park area with a doggie bath for your furry friend to cool off!

My favorite area was between the two buildings of LaLaport. There is an outdoor walkway where you can access restaurants and shops. I, of course, went to Starbucks and relaxed at a table outside while sipping an iced Chai soy latte. Pure bliss!
Outdoor walkway at LaLaport.
Want to find out more about LaLaport? Check out their English webpage!
http://tokyobay.lalaport.net/lala_eng/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment