Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18, 2011

I’m forcing myself to learn some Japanese today. I’ve actually learned a little Japanese every day since I’ve been here, but it’s just been words or small phrases. Now I’m attempting to learn the Japanese alphabet so I can read. Unfortunately there are 3 different types of Japanese characters, hiragana, katakana and kanji. It’s kind of like print and cursive except a little more intense. So, I’m starting off with hiragana (considered the best to learn first/most often used). My brain already hurts, but I know my effort will be worth it when I can read my first Japanese word! There are 46 basic syllables so I plan on learning about 5 a day.

I’m also trying to practice playing the guitar. We still don’t have Internet, but when we went over to Fumiko’s to use her internet for a while I wrote down some chords: a, c, d and e. I have no clue if I’m playing them correctly or not, but it’s worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment